Monday 12 October 2009

VARK Questionnaire

Total number of V's 3
Total number of A's 2
Total number of R's 6
Total number of K's 9

The results of the questionnaire show that I am mainly a kinesthetic learner but also with aspects of read/write. I agree with this as I do find that the best way to learn anything is to practice it hands on and I will strive to do this wherever I can. For example the best way to learn how to use a new piece of software is to be instructed through a written or spoken form and then to try to use the software myself. I find the more involved I am with the learning, the more likely it is to stick. I would not entirely agree with the results as read/write can be a tedious job and sometimes listening to someone telling you the information makes it far easier to digest than reading endless pages of a textbook. Also I do like the use of pictures and graphs as they present the information in more versitile ways, which helps to remember them. So i would argue that I do incorperate all aspects of learning. I also think it is important that I try to focus on one or a couple of types and practice them, as I do sometimes struggle to remember facts and figures for example. I need to be more involved to learn them more easily.

1 comment:

  1. A good reflection on your learning line - you now have your 10% for the PDP Element of the module

    ReplyDelete